- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 10 (s) or (6)medium Granny Smith Apples peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup soft brown sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp freshly ground ginger
- For Topping:
- 1 cup oats
- 1 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 oz granulated or caster sugar
- 4.8 oz/135 g melted butter
- 1 tsp cornstarch (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F
- In a saucepan add apples, 1 tbsp butter, soft brown sugar, cinnamon and ginger. Place the pan over medium-high heat.
- Stir to combine all of the ingredients and cook the apple mixture for no more than 5 mins.
- Turn off the heat, the apple pieces should still hold their shape.
- For Crumble:
- Melt 135g butter in a microwavable bowl.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add oats, sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Mix all of the dry ingredients thoroughly to combine.
- Pour in the melted butter and using clean fingertips, rub the butter into the oats and flour mixture until it is crumbly but still moist enough to hold together when squeezed in your palm.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp cornstarch into the apple mixture and mix thoroughly (optional).
- Pour the apples into the baking dish (ungreased) and top evenly with the crumble mixture. Press the crumble down gently with your fingertips over the apples to compact it.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 35 mins.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whatever your heart desires.