Banana Oatmeal Muffins
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 160g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 50g ground flaxseed (optional)
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 100g rolled oats (oatmeal)
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 120 ml whole milk
- 120g butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp vinegar (e.g. malt vinegar)
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed thoroughly)
- Preheat oven to 190C/380F Bake for 15-20 mins
- Sift dry ingredients together and add flaxseed.
- Cream the butter and sugar for 5 mins, until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition.
- Mash bananas, add milk, vinegar and vanilla extract.
- Add the banana mixture to the creamed butter and sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the dry ingredients a little at a time, mixing well by hand until all is used up.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20mins.
- Check after 15 mins.
- A skewer or toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.
- Servings : 10-12
- Ready in : 30 Minutes
- Recipe Type :
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..