Black and Cherry Cheese Cake (Trinidad Black Cake)
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 3 slices Caribbean Fruit Cake
- 300g plain cream cheese
- 50g icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 140ml double cream
- 400g jar Morello Cherry Compote
- Line an (81/2" diameter x 1 1/2" depth) loose bottom cake tin with greaseproof paper. See Caribbean Fruit Cake recipe
- Crumble the cake slices and press flat and tightly into the bottom of the pan to form and even base layer.
- In a large mixing bowl; add the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- Add the double cream to the cream cheese mixture and beat until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined to form a thick creamy paste.
- Spoon the batter into the pan with the cake base layer and using a spatula gently scrape the mixture from the sides into the centre to smooth the surface and remove any air bubbles. Smooth the top of the cake completely.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 8 hrs or overnight to set.
- Before serving, spoon the cherry compote over the top of the cake allowing some to drip down the sides.
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..