Caribbean Mauby Bark Drink (Mauby Syrup/Trinidad Mauby)
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 900 ml Mauby Syrup
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1/2 cup Mauby bark
- 3 cups brown sugar (light)
- 1/2 tbsp fennel/anise seeds
- 1 stick cinnamon (3")
- 1 tsp Angostura bitters (optional)
- 1 star anise
- 1 litre water
- Add bark, star anise, fennel/anise seed, cinnamon, water and sugar to a medium pan and place over medium-high heat.
- Keep an eye as syrup can boil over. Boiling for 10-15 mins.
- Turn off the heat and allow the syrup to cool.
- Strain the syrup into an airtight jar and dilute to taste when required.
- Note: The strength of the Mauby flavour depends on the quality of the bark. Taste the syrup before straining and if required add a bit more bark and boil for an additional 5 mins.
- Allow cooling and follow the steps mentioned previously.
- Note: Optional - add a few drops of Kola Champayne essence and Anise essence to diluted Mauby drink for exta flavour.
- Servings : 30+
- Ready in : 15 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Featured
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..