- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 large eggplant/aubergine (sliced thinly and cut into cubes))
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander/cilantro/chadon beni (chopped)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp salt (season to your taste)
- 2 fl oz water
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (ground)
- For curry paste:
- 1 tbsp madras curry powder (mild)
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin/geerah
- 1 tsp turmeric (ground)
- 2 fl oz water
- Place pan over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tbsp oil and after one (1) minute add the curry paste.
- Stir the curry paste into the oil and allow the spices to cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the aubergine/eggplant, onions and garlic. Stir to coat in the curry mixture.
- Cover the pan and allow the aubergine to cook for 10 mins.
- Remove the lid and add two (2) ounces of water to the pan. Do not add too much water as it is better for the aubergine to cook in its own juices. We just want it to steam.
- Cover the pan and after cooking for a further five (5) minutes remove the lid and mash with a potato masher or fork to crush the aubergine pieces.
- Add the salt, black pepper, and chopped coriander at this stage. Taste to see if you need any additional salt.
- Cover the pan and allow the aubergine to cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and give it a final mash with your fork or potato masher.
- Serve hot or cold with roti, pita bread, rice, cream crackers or whatever your heart desires. Enjoy
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..