Curry Channa/Chickpeas and Potatoes
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 1 400g tin channa/chickpeas
- 3 medium potatoes or two large (peeled and diced)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 spring onion chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander or finely chopped chadon beni
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 300ml water
- For Curry Paste:
- 2 1/2 tbsp mild madras curry powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp Geera/cumin (ground)
- 1/2 tsp amchar masala (optional)
- 150ml water
- Mix all the ingredients for the curry paste in the water.
- Place a medium to a large saucepan over medium-high heat for 2 mins.
- Add the oil and after one min, stir in the curry paste.
- Add the chopped onions, garlic and spring onion to the pan and stir to combine with the curry paste.
- Allow these ingredients to cook for 2-3 mins.
- Add the Channa with the water and the potatoes to the pan.
- Add salt and stir to coat the ingredients in the curry.
- Add 300ml water, cover and allow to cook for 30 mins. Check pot after 15 mins.
- Once the potatoes have cooked and the sauce has thickened your curry is ready.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander or chadon beni on top or mix into the dish.
- NB: Add a little extra water if you want more sauce and allow to thicken.
- Serve hot with roti or with rice.
- Servings : 4
- Ready in : 35 Minutes
- Ingredient : Channa/Chickpeas
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..