Easy Marinara Sauce
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 1 kg ripe plum tomatoes
- 1 onion finely (chopped)
- 5 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 12 fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano (chopped)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Wash the tomatoes and place in a blender or food processor and blend until a thick liquid is formed.
- Separate the liquid from the pulp using a wire sieve. Place the pulp in bowl and reserve the liquid.
- Place a saute pan over medium heat, add olive oil and leave for 1 min to get hot.
- Add the onions to the pan and cook for 2 mins, then add the garlic and saute until the onions are translucent in colour.
- Add the tomato pulp to the pan with the onions and garlic, followed by salt.
- Cover the pan and allow the to simmer over a medium heat for 15 mins.
- Add chopped basil and oregano, salt and pepper
- Add the cooked meatballs to the sauce and serve hot.
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..