- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 1 cup currants
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 ½ tbsp cinnamon
- 6 ozs extra virgin coconut oil or butter (melted)
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1cup plain flour
- 1 tsp almond extract (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 360*F/180*C.
- Add all the dry ingredients and fruit into a large baking tray.
- Add melted coconut oil or butter, and lightly beaten egg whites.
- Use clean hands to thoroughly mix the ingredients and squeezing some to form small clumps if desired.
- Place the tray in the preheated oven and bake.
- After 15 minutes remove the tray from the oven and stir the granola mixture to allow the underside to dry out.
- Return the tray to the oven and bake for a further 10-15 minutes or until the granola is slightly golden brown.
- Once done, remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container
- Servings : 24
- Ready in : 40 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Breakfast