- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 150g softened butter
- 410g plain flour (3 1/2 cups)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 225g dark brown sugar
- 100g Molasses/Treacle
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp ground ginger (powdered ginger)
- 1 tsp ground all-spice (ground Jamaican Pimento)
- 1/2 tsp ground clove
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Then add egg and continue mixing until the mixture is fluffy and the sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Add the Molasses to the creamed butter and sugar mixture.
- Add the flour, ginger, salt, baking soda to the butter, sugar and molasses mixture. Mix thoroughly to combine.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and form into a flat oval.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 mins.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface and cut out the cookie shapes as desired.
- Place the cookies on a lined baking sheet and return to the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/360F
- When the oven is preheated place the baking sheet with the cookies into the oven and bake for 9-12 mins until done.
- Remove the tray from the oven and wait a couple of minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy plain or decorate as desired.
- Servings : 12
- Ready in : 55 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Christmas
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..