Homemade Sandwich Wrap (Carrot and Cheese Dough)
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 cups (240 g) plain flour
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 200 ml warm water
- 1/2 medium carrot (grated) on large cheese side)
- 1/4 cup cheese (grated on large cheese side)
- Oil for brushing pan and top of wrap while cooking
- In a medium mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, salt and yeast.
- Use a spoon to mix all of the dry ingredients together.
- Add the warm water in about three stages, mixing with the spoon in between each stage.
- Clean the dough off the spoon and knead gently by hand in the bowl, incorporating any loose flour.
- When all of the flour is incorporated add 1/2 tbsp of oil on top of the dough and knead it in gently.
- Add another 1 tsp oil and repeat the action above.
- Form the dough into a smooth ball and rub 1 tsp oil on the surface.
- Cover with plastic wrap and a tea towel and set aside to rise for at least 60 mins.
- Form the dough into six small-medium balls.
- Roll each ball out into a circle on a lightly floured surface.
- Place a crepe or frying pan over medium-high heat.
- After one minute grease the pan lightly with oil, then place the wrap in the pan.
- Brush the top of the wrap lightly with oil and allow to cook for a couple of minutes or until golden.
- Turn the wrap over and cook until the same result is achieved.
- Repeat until all of the wraps are cooked.
- See the recipe video for filling ideas.
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..