Honey Glazed Chicken Wings (Oven-cooked Chicken Wings)
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 12 large chicken wings
- 2 medium onions (grated)
- 4 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp ground all-spice (Jamaican pimento)
- For Lemon Bath (Marinade)
- 1 large or two small lemons
- 1 tbsp salt
- Cut chicken wings in halves removing any feathers and place in a large bowl.
- Cover with cling film and allow to soak for an hour.
- In a medium pan; add onion, garlic, honey, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, cayenne pepper, black pepper, salt, paprika, oil and allspice.
- Mix all the ingredients in the pan thoroughly to combine. Place the pan over a medium heat and allow the sauce to cook for 5 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 180*C/360*F
- Drain the marinade from the wings, then add fresh water to the bowl and pour off again. Rinsing will remove any excess salt and lemon from the meat
- Coat the wings thoroughly with the flour. (Place the flour in a freezer bag, add the wings and shake to coat them evenly).
- Arrange the wings on a non-stick baking tray.
- Coat the wings on both sides with the cooked sauce. Pour any excess over the meat.
- Place the wings in the preheated oven and cook for 25 mins on one side. Then remove and turn over to continue cooking and browning on the underside for a further 15-20 mins.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..