Jamaican Jerk Chicken (Oven/Grill)
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 6 chicken legs (skin-on)
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 tbsp dark mushroom soy sauce
- 3-4 tbsp Jamaican jerk seasoning (blended marinade in bottle) not salt seasoning
- For first marinade:
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 large lemon or 2 limes
- Place chicken legs in a large bowl and squeeze the juice of the lemon over the meat. Sprinkle the salt and then mix the meat in the bowl to coat evenly with lemon and salt. Set aside for 30-60 mins.
- Fill the meat bowl with water and pour off into the sink rinsing away gently the salt and lemon.
- Season the meat using jerk marinade seasoning, fresh thyme leaves, Worcestershire sauce and dark mushroom soy sauce. Use a spoon to add the seasoning to the meat and push gently into the flesh.
- Once the meat is thoroughly coated with the seasoning set aside for at least 60 mins. It would be better to leave overnight or even up to 24 hrs if you plan ahead.
- Preheat your oven grill to 210C/420C.
- Line your oven tray with foil and place the rack inside it.
- Arrange your meat on the rack and avoid any overlapping.
- Place the tray into the oven and grill for 45-55 mins, turn meat after 25-30 mins once you are happy with the colour.
- Remove from the oven when finished.
- You can use the drippings to make a jerk sauce by spooning off any excess oil and using the base to make a gravy.
- Pour the drippings into a small saucepan and bring to a boil stirring constantly. Taste for seasoning, it should not need much of anything. Add 1 tsp cornstarch to 1/4 cup of water and stir to make a slurry. Add this to the sauce and continue stirring for 1-2 mins to cook and thicken the sauce.
- Enjoy with whatever you desire.
- Please watch the recipe video and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..