Leek and Potato Soup
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (4.6 /5)
- 4 ratings
- 2 large leeks (sliced)
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 tsp butter
- 4 cups (1 litre) hot water
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 vegetable or chicken stock cube
- 2 tbsp single cream or coconut cream
- 1 tsp salt
- Place a large saucepan over a medium to high heat and after one minute add the butter.
- Once the butter has melted add the leeks and saute until they become soft, approximately 10 mins.
- Add water, black pepper, salt, stock cube, potatoes to the pan.
- Cover and allow to cook for 20 mins until the potaotoes are cooked.
- Remove the pan from the heat and using an immersion blender, blend until smooth.
- Return to he heat and stir in the cream.
- Cook for a further two mins on a low to medium heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat and serve warm.
- Servings : 4
- Ready in : 35 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Starters
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..