Orange and Clementine Cake
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 350g caster sugar
- 350g self rising flour
- 350g butter (softened)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 100 ml orange and clementine juice (freshly squeezed)
- For topping:
- 25ml orange and clementine juice
- 65g icing sugar
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar (optional)
- For dusting:
- 1tbsp icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 170C/340F
- In a large mixing bowl add softened butter and sugar and cream for 5 mins.
- Add eggs one at a time beating for one minute between each addition.
- Add orange extract in between the eggs.
- Add the flour in three stages, folding it in gently by hand.
- Add the juice to the cake batter and mix thoroughly, it should produce a light creamy batter.
- Place the batter in a greased non-stick cake pan and bake in the preheated oven for 55 mins or until tester inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- For topping: Add the icing sugar and cream of tartar to 25 ml orange and clementine juice. Mix thoroughly to combine the ingredients. Drizzle the mixture over the top of the slightly warm cake.
- For dusting: Using a sieve, dust one tablespoon of icing sugar over the top of the cake. Arrange extra clementine segments on the top.
- Servings : 15
- Ready in : 70 Minutes
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..