Oven Fried Buffalo Chicken Wings (Homemade Buffalo Chicken Wings)
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 3 ratings
- 12 wings (cut in half or whole)
- 1 bottle Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- For Lemon Bath: 1 large lemon
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- For Flour Coating:
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Place the chicken wings into a large bowl and add enough water to cover them.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice of both halves into the bowl with the wings. Add the salt and gently stir to distribute the lemon juice and the salt evenly.
- Allow the wings to bathe for 1-2 hours.
- In a freezer bag add; flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, freshly ground black pepper, granulated garlic and onion powder.
- Seal the bag and give it a good shake to mix the ingredients together.
- Drain the water from the chicken wings, then add a little more water to the bowl and drain a second time to remove any excess lemon juice or salt.
- Pat the chicken wings dry using a paper towel.
- Place the wings into the freezer bag with the flour mixture. Seal the bag and give it another good shake to coat the wings thoroughly with the flour.
- Remove the wings from the bag one by one dusting off any excess flour and place on a non-stick or lined baking tray.
- Place the tray in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180*C/360*F.
- Remove the tray from the refrigerator and place in the preheated oven and bake for 35-40 mins. After 25 mins and the top of the wings have browned. Remove the pan from the oven and turn the wings to allow the other side to cook and then return them to continue cooking until done.
- Remove from the oven and pour Frank's red hot sauce over the top of the wings or set it aside in a separate dish.
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..