Recipe Coming Soon!
Paratha Roti (Trini Buss-up-Shot Roti)
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (4.4 /5)
- 8 ratings
- 4 cups self-rising flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 16 ozs water
- 6 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
- For Cooking;
- 1 tbsp ghee (melted)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, add flour, salt, sugar. Pour in the 1 tbsp oil and water and mix to a soft, sticky dough.
- Pour the remaining tbsp oil over the dough and form into a ball, if necessary use an additional tbsp to minimise the stickiness.
- Form the dough into ten even size balls and place on a floured baking sheet to avoid them sticking. You made need to flour your hands to help with stickiness.
- Lightly grease a large piece of cling film and cover the baking sheet with the dough balls. Set aside in a cool dark place for an hour. Perhaps an oven but make sure it is turned off.
- Flatten the balls one by one and spread with one teaspoon ghee, using the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle flour over the flatten dough. Make a clean cut from the edge of the dough to the centre and roll into a cone shape.
- Press the base fo the cone into the centre. Repeat this process until all ten pieces of dough are used up.
- Cover again with cling film and set aside for an additional hour in a cool dark place.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface and form into a large thin circle.
- Place a 24" crepe pan or a large non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat and brush with the vegetable oil and ghee mixture using a pastry brush.
- After 2-3 mins, gently lift the rolled out dough onto the prepared pan and spread out evenly.
- Brush the top of the dough lightly with some of the vegetable oil mixtures.
- After two mins turn the roti and allow to cook on the underside. Brush the top again lightly with oil mixture.
- After one to two minutes, remove the cooked roti and leave whole or use two wooden spoons to beat and tear.
- Wrap the dough in a clean damp tea towel to cover and keep moist.
- Repeat the process until all the roti is cooked and serve hot with accompaniments.
- Servings : 6
- Ready in : 150 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Main Courses
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..