Prawn Stir Fry (Shrimp Stir Fry)
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked prawns
- 2 tsp Chinese five spice
- I tsp dark soy sauce
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce (Chinese Oyster sauce)
- 1 inch knob ginger ( peeled and sliced) (optional)
- 1/2 red chilli sliced (optional)
- 2 spring onions chopped 1 1/2 inches long
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped or sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Cooked pasta for two
- 1/2 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 1 tbsp spring onion ( finely chopped)
- Place pan over a medium- high heat.
- Add sesame oil.
- After 2 minutes add onions and garlic.
- Stir to distribute the heat evenly and avoid burning.
- Add the red and green bell peppers and continue stirring to combine all of the ingredients.
- Add the oyster sauce and the soy sauce and continue stirring.
- Add the Chinese five spice followed by the prawns or shrimp and stir.
- Add the ginger, spring onions and chilli and mix again thoroughly.
- As the prawns or shrimp begin to turn pink add the pasta to the pan and stir to mix all of the ingredients thoroughly.
- Turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle the top with some finely chopped spring onion and additional chilli if desired.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..