Salmon with Peppers
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (4.8 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 4 salmon steaks (boneless & skinless)
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 carrot (small) cut in fine julienne pieces
- 2 spring onions (cut in 1 1/2" pieces)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (julienne pieces)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (julienne pieces)
- 1 small white onion (sliced)
- 1/2 tsp freshly black pepper
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 350 ml water
- NB: Julienne pieces are like long match sticks.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the salmon steaks and leave for 5 mins.
- Place a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the oil and after 1 min add the onions.
- Sauté the onions for 3 mins before adding the garlic.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 2 mins.
- Stir in the carrots and saute for a further 3 mins
- Add 350 ml water to the pan, followed by the salt, black pepper, tarragon, all-spice, bell peppers and spring onion.
- Stir in the tomato paste and allow the sauce to cook for 4 mins.
- Add the salmon pieces.
- Spoon some of the sauce over the top of the fish.
- Cover and turn the heat down to low-medium and allow the fish to cook in the sauce for 7 mins.
- Serve hot with rice, potatoes, pasta or your desired side dish.
- Servings : 4
- Ready in : 30 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Featured
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..