Sausages in Caramelised Onion Gravy
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (4 /5)
- 3 ratings
- 8 sausages
- 1 large white onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 chicken stock cube dissolved in (1 cup hot water)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp hp sauce or cornstarch mixed in 2 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 180*C/360*F.
- Put the sausages in a baking tray and place in the oven for 20-25 mins until cooked.
- In a saucepan over a medium to high heat, add butter and stir until melted.
- Add sliced onion and stir contiuously cooking until caramelised and browish in colour but not burnt.
- Add the chicken stock to the onions and allow to simmer for five minutes.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the cooked sausages to the pan and mix thoroughly.
- Remove from the heat and serve hot.
- Servings : 4
- Ready in : 50 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Main Courses