Sauteed Salt Cod Fish (How to Cook Salt Cod)
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 500g salted cod fish
- 2 medium onions (sliced)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (sliced)
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper (sliced)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 spring onions (scallions) chopped into pieces
- 1 medium tomato (chopped) optional
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 100 ml water
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 fresh parsley
- 1 sprig fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- Place the salted cod fish in a large pan and cover with water.
- Place the pan over a medium to high heat and boil until it begins to foam. NB: Keep an eye on it as it is prone to boiling over.
- Pour off the water and repeat the process a second time.
- Taste the fish and if you are satisfied with the remaining salt levels, drain the water from the pot. Rinse the fish with cold water and set aside.
- Place a large frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- After 1 minute, add the oil and allow to heat for another minute.
- Add the sliced onions and garlic to the pan and allow to cook. Keep stirring to avoid the onions and garlic pieces burning.
- As the garlic cooks and the onions become translucent in colour, add the cooked cod fish, pepper and fresh thyme and stir to mix all of the ingredients thoroughly. This should take about 5 mins.
- Add the sliced peppers to the pan and continue mixing thoroughly. This process should take about 2-3 mins.
- Add the 100 ml water and the tomato paste and continue mixing. Taste the dish and add a little extra salt if necessary.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle the chopped parsley on top.
- Serve as desired.
- Servings : 4
- Ready in : 45 Minutes
- Recipe Type :
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..