- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (4.9 /5)
- 7 ratings
- 500 g minced lamb
- 1 large carrot (diced)
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 celery stalks (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves finely (chopped)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves (finely chopped)
- cornflakes crumbs or breadcrumbs
- 450g potatoes
- 125g mascarpone cheese
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into medium sized cubes. Add to a pan of cold water with 1 tsp of salt and place over a medium to high heat to cook until a fork is easily inserted into the center of the cubes and they split.
- Place a medium saute pan over a medium to high heat and add the carrots celery and garlic and cook for about five minutes.
- Add the minced meat to the pan breaking up any clumps of meat, followed by the Worcestershire sauce; this will help with any freshness.
- Continue to cook the lamb mixture until there is no pinkness left to the meat.
- Add chopped chives, thyme, granulated garlic, stock cube (chopped up), tomato paste and fresh mint leaves. Cook for two more minutes then turn off the heat.
- Preheat oven to 300*F/180*C.
- Drain all the water from the potatoes using a colander and return the potatoes to the pan. Add the mascarpone cheese to the potatoes and mash using a potato masher until the mixture creams.
- Add the lamb mixture to a baking dish, leaving enough room at the top for the potatoes. Spread the potatoes evenly over the lamb and sprinkle with the cornflakes or breadcrumbs and bake at 350*F/180C for 30 – 35 minutes until golden brown.
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..