Slow Cooker Beef Mushrooms and Spinach Curry
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (4.9 /5)
- 11 ratings
- 400g lean diced beef
- 3 spring onions (chopped)
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 beef oxo cube
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 400 ml can coconut milk
- 4 medium mushrooms sliced
- For curry paste:
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp mild madras curry powder
- 100 ml water
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp garam masala
- Put the beef in the crockpot and add black pepper, oxo cube, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and mix to coat the meat thoroughly.
- In a small bowl add water, curry powder, garam masala, cumin, oil and turmeric and mix to form a paste.
- Pour the paste over the meat and mix again to coat the beef thoroughly.
- Add the potatoes, mushrooms, spring onions and garlic to the pot.
- Add coconut milk and stir. Cover the pot and cook on high for 5 hours
- Taste before adding any salt as curry powder contains salt, as well as the oxo cube.
- Stir in the spinach and allow the heat from the curry to just wilt the leaves, cooking them gently to retain that amazing green colour.
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..