Sourdough Discard Pancakes
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 150-175 g sourdough discard
- 500 ml whole milk
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour or plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For cooking:
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- Add sourdough discard to a large bowl or jug.
- Stir in milk, salt, sugar, eggs and butter.
- Add flour and whisk using a hand whisk for a smooth mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for half-hour(30 mins)
- Heat one or two pans to medium heat. You can flip the pancakes from a smaller size pan to a larger pan to cook on the underside. It also has the added benefit of making all pancakes of equal sizes.
- Using a pastry brush and melted butter, grease the surface of the pan.
- Add the 1/2-3/4 cup of batter to the hot pan and cook until the top begins to dry out slightly.
- Flip the pancake in the same pan or into another pan and continue cooking the underside.
- Continue until all the batter is used up.
- Serve warm with jam butter or syrup.
- Servings : 4-5
- Ready in : 60 Minutes
- Recipe Type :
- Ingredient : Sourdough
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..