Spiced Apple Cake
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 gala apples
- 6 oz oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp all-spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 180*C or 350*F
- Peel, core and dice two gala apples and place them in a small milk pan with a cup of water over a medium to high heat.
- Allow the apples to cook for five to ten minutes. Using an immersion blender or potato masher, crush the cook apples to make apple sauce or puree. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add all the dry ingredients.
- Pour the oil into a measuring jug and add the two eggs and lightly whisk.
- Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients followed by the apple sauce and mix together thoroughly.
- Scrape the battter into a prepared loaf tin.
- Core and slice a gala apple into half moon shapes and place in a small bowl with water and a tablespoon of vinegar.
- Arrange the apple half-moons into the centre of the cake as demonstrated in the video.
- Place in the oven to bake for 45mins to 60 mins or until the skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Servings : 8
- Ready in : 60 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Desserts
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..