- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (4.5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 2 cups whole grain brown rice
- 500 ml water
- 2 spring onions (chopped)
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander (chopped)
- 5 fresh sage leaves (chopped)
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 3-4 cups spinach leaves
- 1 red or green chili (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- • 1 tbsp organic coconut oil (optional)
- In a heavy bottom saucepan; add water, rice, salt, sage, thyme, spinach, coconut oil and garlic.
- Place the pan over a low to medium heat and cover with a properly fitting lid. Stir occasionally, approximately every ten mins.
- When the water has dried out, keep the pan covered and allow the steam to carry on cooking the rice, until the grains are soft and crush easily between your thumb and index finger.
- Turn off the heat and serve hot.
- Tip: For a festive variation add ½ cup finely diced sweet red pepper to the rice at the end, allowing the heat from the rice to cook it gently.
- Servings : 6
- Ready in : 38 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Main Courses
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..