Sticky Barbecue Chicken Wings (Barbecue Chicken Wings)
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 3 ratings
- 12 chicken wings (end pieces removed)
- For Marinade:
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ tsp English mustard
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 garlic cloves crushed finely
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp HP sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp dark rum or brandy
- For Lemon Bath:
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp salt
- For Garnish:
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander ( Cilantro or Chadon Beni) chopped
- In a large mixing bowl add chicken wings and the juice of 1 lemon and salt. Add enough water just to cover the meat and set aside for at least 30 mins.
- Drain the water from the wings and add them to a freezer bag or leave them in the bowl. Coat the chicken pieces with the seasoning and set aside for at least another 30 mins to marinate. The meat can also stay in the marinade overnight in the refrigerator, for even more flavour.
- Preheat the Oven to 360*F/180*C
- Line a baking tray with foil paper and spread the wings out in an even layer. Pour any marinade liquid over the wings.
- Place in the hot oven and bake for 40 mins before removing the tray and turning chicken pieces.
- Return the tray to the oven and bake for a further 15 mins.
- Turn the oven off, remove the tray and serve hot, sprinkled with chopped coriander.
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..