Vanilla Cupcakes with Sprinkles
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (4.3 /5)
- 6 ratings
- 160g butter (softened)
- 160g caster sugar
- 160g self rising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For topping:
- 1 tbsp multicoloured cake sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- In a mixing bowl add butter, sugar and flour and mix using a hand mixer for approximately 1 min depending on the speed of your machine, to arrive at a crumbly mixture. On the lowest setting, my machine takes 45 secs. Ensure that your butter is soft enough to make a good indentation when squeezed or pressed with a spoon but not go straight through. It should be firm enough to hold a squeezable/pressed shape.
- Add eggs, milk and vanilla extract and mix for approximately 30 secs. As my machine takes less than a minute to arrive at that crumbly texture, I just cream the eggs and the milk etc into the batter for approximately 22 seconds. If your machine takes a minute or a bit longer, divide that time in half to arrive at your creaming time. This will ensure you get the volume for your cupcakes without over-mixing. A digital timer would be useful to ensure you work within time frames. Judge the results after baking your cupcakes and if you are happy to continue with the timings, if not adjust the times down or up by a few seconds depending on the speed of your machine.
- Use cupcake cases in a muffin tin to bake your cupcakes.
- Scoop the batter into the cases using a small ice cream scoop or two teaspoons.
- Using a teaspoon, spread the batter out in the cases gently. Watch recipe video!
- Arrange the sprinkles on top and bake in the preheated oven for 15 mins
- Remove from the oven and take the cakes out of the tray and place on a cooling rack to avoid overcooking and drying out.
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..