Yorkshire Puddings are a popular English starter dish that can also be served with stews. They are great as an accompaniment with roast.
Yorkshire Puddings (Popovers)
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 150 g or (5 1/2 oz) or 1 cup plain flour
- 200 ml milk
- 100 ml cold water
- 2 eggs (medium-large)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 225C/450F.
- Prepare your muffin tins or "Yorkshire Pudding" tins by lightly greasing with oil.
- Place the pan on the top shelve in the preheated oven and preheat for 5 mins. Ensure there is enough space for the puddings to rise without touching the elements.
- In a large jug add flour, eggs, salt and milk.
- Mix thoroughly to combine using a whisk or fork.
- Add the cold water and continue mixing.
- Set aside for 5 mins.
- Gently whisk the batter again. It should be thin.
- Open the oven door halfway to keep the heat in. Pull the rack halfway out if possible and leaving the pan in the oven, fill each hole halfway up.
- Tip: The number of puddings you get will depend on the size of pans you use.
- Allow baking for 20 mins. Do not open the oven until after 20 mins.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot.
#Foodiemum, creator of culinary art, wife and Mum of two.Read more about this chef..